Wednesday, May 16

Rest in Peace

It's been almost a month since Solomon passed away. He was only 3 months old. He was naed after Djimon Honsou's character in Blood Diamond because he was given to me the night Gils and I watched the movie. He died of Hatchling Failure Syndrome, a common cause of death for sulcatas like mine which is severe dehydration. Although the bought of dehydration could have occured even before I took him home, I did everything I could to save him.


I took him to the vet when I felt his shell soften and he was given a shot of vitamins. I was advised to force feed with watermelon or cucumber juice using a syringe. Two days later, I noticed he was a little more active, but 2 hours later I found him dead with a malunggay leaf in his mouth.


I still miss him and he'll always be my favorite tortoise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home