Sunday, February 11

Hit (fm) Me, Baby

Interviews make me nervous. I couldn't sleep last Thursday night anxiously waiting for the next day to arrive. I accepted an invitation to guest on 99.5 Hit FM's morning show, Sheesha with Shivaker, hosted by the station's resident Guru. I woke up at 5:30 even before the sun was up (this is usually the time I reach my REM stage during sleep) because my calltime was 7am at the station (still within my REM stage). I arrived with a few minutes to spare and met the Guru and Issa who reads the news during the show. I had a blast during the interview. Guru asked the weirdest, unexpected and totally unimportant questions from why my given name rhymed with my surname, to my favorite animal, to why I don't eat bananas! I was amazed at how he could carry a whole 3-hour show with this character. It is genius! And a good reason to get up at 7am.

(In the photo: DJ Tracy, me, and the Guru)
*Thanks to Sam Oh (who co-hosts the morning program, Sam vs. Sam, on Hit FM, Mondays to Thursdays) for the invite!
**I'll try to post an audio file here, but I'm still trying to figure out how to do it :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home