Wednesday, May 16

A Dirty Finger

On Monday I exercised my right to vote once again and listed only 4 senatorial candidates on my ballot. I don't believe in filling up the ballot for that sake. I've always looked forward to election day. I do believe that it's a right, and I am making a change in the smallest way.


When I got home that night and checked the news, I was saddened to hear of "anomalies" happening around the country while ballots were being counted. In only two minutes of tuning in, 2 blackouts in 2 different schools were reported in Caloocan and Manila, later on reports of missing ballot boxes filled the airwaves, among other things.


While all these were being reported, I looked at my right hand with indelible ink on my index finger and wonder, Is voting worth wasting my P120 manicure? It seems shallow, but I guess that's what elections mean to most people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home